Key Results and KPIs Impacted
- Generated 250 SQLs & booked 415 demos in just 5 months
- Budget scaled profitably from $10,000 to $75,000 per month
- Optimized campaign and reduced per-lead cost by 44%
The client wanted to launch and scale their inbound leads using Google Ads. They were trying to expand their campaigns to different geographies but were unable to find the right way out with the existing budget.
Research and Strategy – Identified the goals and studied the company & industry thoroughly to identify new opportunities. This was followed by keyword research to understand what their target audience is looking for.
Going Live – This was the quarterly plan of action:
- Quarter 1: Set up and scale India, launch 3 certifications.
- Quarter 2: Scale to 7 new regions plus launch 7 more certifications.
- Quarter 3: Scale to 8 new regions and launch 4 more certifications.
Optimizations – Reduced CAC by doing the following:
- Narrowed down on intent keywords.
- Narrowed down intra-country location based on past data.
- Experimented with various landing pages for a smooth user journey.
- Successfully ran multiple ad campaigns across various marketing channels.
Highlights and Learnings
Ran a total of 145 campaigns with 475 ad groups & 5581 keywords.
Scaled to 47 countries in 6 months for multiple products by segmenting into different funnel stages.
We started receiving many leads at one point, which made us believe we were implementing the right strategy. But after digging down carefully, we realized that most of the leads were either junk or irrelevant.
We then started optimizing our existing strategy. After many iterations & experiments, gradually, relevant leads started flowing in.
From all this, we learned that the strength of performance marketing relies on quality rather than quantity of leads.
- Spear Growth successfully increased the client’s average CTR to 7.24% against the industry standard of 2.40%.
- The lead-per-cost was drastically reduced by 44%.